Do you feel great about your age until you look at your eyes?
Often, the first part of our face to show signs of aging is our eyes (especially for men).
Even if you’ve applied moisturizer since you were ten years old, the eye area is particularly vulnerable to aging. The skin is thin and fragile, and it lacks oil glands, so it’s more prone to losing moisture. It’s also short on collagen and elastin fibers, which means it’s the first skin to sag, bag, and form wrinkles.
On top of that, we’re always moving our eyes—shifting and blinking them all the time. Plus we strain them with irritants like smoke, smog, perfumes, allergens, and more.
So of course, it becomes our pursuit to find a natural solution to take our eyes back in time.
Our answer is our Anti-Aging Eye Cream. Sure, there are a zillion eye creams out there—and a fair amount of natural eye creams, too, but our formula holds a special place in our hearts (and on our eyes) because of the unique combination of moisturizing oils and anti-aging herbs.
Side note: many of you let us know that you love our eye cream and wish it would last you a little bit longer. We thought, “Sure, why not?!” So we’re excited to introduce our larger, 15 mL anti-aging eye cream!
Natural Ingredients that Beautify Your Eyes
Our poor eyes need help, and lots of it. Many natural eye creams boast of certain token ingredients that can help your eyes, but these products may not have enough of the ingredient to be potent enough to work (often skin care companies will fill a product with water and then add a small amount of the advertised ingredient, so you don’t actually get the benefits).
If you’re really serious about reducing the appearance of aging, you’ve got to pull out the big guns. You need ingredients that can really help in all the areas where eyes need help, not just one or two.
A moisturizing eye cream, for example, may do little to protect vulnerable skin around the eyes from the sun or other toxins in the environment. A plumping eye cream may do little to help prevent wrinkles. An anti-wrinkle eye cream may do nothing for sagging and bagging.
But we didn’t want to make an eye cream that would require you to use more products on top of it in order to get the results you want, so we filled our formula with key ingredients that work synergystically to improve every facet of aging around the eyes.
A Natural Eye Cream That Targets All Areas of Aging
What is your eye concern? Odds are we have something in our Anti-Aging Eye Cream that will help.
Sagging and Bagging
If your concern is heavy eyelids, or sagging under and around the eyes, we’ve covered that. Here’s a glimpse of some of the ingredients we used:
- Gotu kola: Naturally stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which helps strengthen the skin around the eyes so it’s better able to hold its shape.
- Eyebright: A natural anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial that also helps tighten skin so it appears more smooth and taut. Hello, more awake-looking eyes!
- St. John’s wort: This ingredient is soothing and hydrating, and also supports the production of elastin, which gives skin back its “snap.”
- Goji berry: Contains 11 essential minerals, including calcium, zinc, and selenium, which help the skin regenerate and heal itself, as well as supporting the production of collagen and elastin. It also contains high levels of vitamin C, which also supports collagen production.
- Rosemary: Rich in antioxidants, which helps protect skin from premature aging, and also helps stimulate circulation, restoring elasticity and firmness to skin.
- Horsetail: Promotes collagen and elastin production, and also helps tone skin for a tighter appearance.
- CoQ10: Energizes cells, bringing life back to skin. It also stimulates collagen production, fighting sagging and bagging.
Fine Lines and Wrinkles
They creep up on you without warning. Pow—one day you look in the mirror and there they are, making tracks from the corners of your eyes to your temples, or piling up beneath your eyes. Let’s reduce them!
- Milk thistle: It’s a natural source of “silymarin,” which provides antioxidant benefits, protecting skin from wrinkle-causing sun damage.
- Green tea: Studies have shown that those who apply green tea to the skin rejuvenate old skin cells, creating a more youthful look. Green tea also protects from damaging UV rays.
- Hibiscus: Also called the “Botox plant,” hibiscus is a natural source of alpha-hydroxy acids that help naturally exfoliate, hydrate, and speed up cell turnover, which helps encourage fresher, younger looking skin.
- Rhodiola: It contains powerful antioxidants that protect from damaging oxidation—studies show rhodiola is comparable to vitamin C as an antioxidant. It also encourages the production of elastin, which can help slow the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Hate those dark circles under your eyes that make it look like you didn’t get any sleep? Here are ingredients in our eye cream that help with this persistent problem:
- Licorice root: This ingredient helps reduce redness and itching, but it’s also a great natural ingredient for reducing the appearance of dark areas on the skin, including dark circles under the eyes.
- Butcher’s broom: This amazing ingredient naturally constricts blood vessels in the skin, helping them appear less visible and reducing puffiness and dark circles. It also helps reduce swelling.
- Cucumber: You may have already experienced the benefits of raw cucumbers on your eyes. We include them in our eye cream because they help cool, reduce swelling, and have natural lightening properties.
Concerned that your skin will react to your eye cream? You don’t have to be concerned with our product. We’ve taken steps to reduce the risk of irritation.
- Chamomile: It has a great reputation for calming skin, reducing reactions, and taming inflammation. It helps soothe red, dry, and irritated skin.
- Comfrey: This moisturizing ingredient has a great reputation for calming and soothing skin.
- Green tea: It’s a natural anti-inflammatory that calms and soothes skin, reducing the risk of redness.
- Lavender: Several studies confirm that lavender is great for healing wounds and calming skin.
- Sea buckthorn: Another great herb with studies showing its wound-healing properties. It’s also a great source of collagen-producing vitamin C, and provides hydrating fatty acids.
You may not think of the skin around your eyes as being dry, but if you’re seeing signs of aging, it most likely is. Luckily there are several natural plant oils that can restore the moisture and thus help stave off wrinkles.
- Life everlasting flowers: These are rich in natural fatty acids that help moisturize while shoring up the skin’s natural barrier, helping to retain more moisture for the future.
- Olive butter: It’s made from olive oil, but it has the consistency of butter, which helps it cling to fragile skin around the eyes long enough to do its moisturizing work. It contains essential fatty acids to plump up skin cells, but it isn’t greasy.
- Rice bran: This natural ingredient has a great combination of essential fatty acids and vitamin E, which make it a moisturizing powerhouse. It’s considered an anti-aging “secret” in Japan as it also helps increase elasticity and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Jojoba oil: This is a proven moisturizer, with studies documenting that it actually improves the feel of skin, and provides long-lasting hydration.
Would you believe that even with all the above, we still haven’t covered half the ingredients in this product?
Bill Hendrick, “Eyes Offer Clues to Age and Alertness,” WebMD, February 6, 2009, http://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/news/20090206/eyes-offer-clues-to-age-and-alertness.